Opt for the meal plan and forget about cooking major meals.
You won’t regret it.
…And you never know just what will show up.
Booth after booth of home brewed beer, meads, ciders and sours samples, all included in the entry price.
Vail Lake Resort is clean and cozy.
Exceptional amenities include clean showers and bathrooms.
This is event is fun AND we get to serve our own beer.
Great place to hang with friends or network some new ones!
Vail Lake Resort is Class:A, for Awesome.
Don’t forget sunscreen! 🙂
Do You Need Another Reason?
Okay, how about breakfast? It’s included in the meal plan.
FRIDAY & SATURDAY, MAY 4TH & 5TH
Festival Attendance Requirements
- Active California Homebrewer’s Club Membership
- A paid “Event Registration” purchased from the CHA site. Note: They use a registration list, your Driver’s License and Credit Card that you paid with are required at the gates.
PG Campsite Reservation
- Active Pacific Gravity Membership (non-member guests with SCHF tickets are allowed)
- Tent space reserved (use the form to sign up)
- Paid campsite reservation
- Keg of homebrew for PG festival booth
- Tent with a rain / sun cover
- Comfortable shoes
- Bottled water
- Coffee mug + beer cup (metal or plastic)
- Beer to share at campsite
- CO2 + Regulator (if possible)
What Is The Southern California Homebrew Festival (SCHF)?
A gathering of homebrewers and homebrew clubs from Southern California and beyond.
What Happens There?
We share homebrewed beer, experiences, and talk shop. Southern California breweries offer samples on Friday evening. Homebrew clubs serve samples of members’ homebrewed beer and mead on Saturday.
Educational speakers, live bands, a raffle, a commercial tasting session, and much, much, more.
Where Is It Held?
Vail Lake Resort, Temecula, CA.
Where Do We Stay?
Pacific Gravity has secured a group of campsites at Vail Lake with room for 30 campers. Camping spot costs $30 per camper for the weekend.
As of 1/14/2018, 26 members and guests have reserved a camping spot. Reserved spots not paid for by the March club meeting may be forfeited to a paying camper.
Non-campers can stay at a hotel in the Temecula area.
What About Food?
Cook your own or choose the Pacific Gravity Food Option (usually around $25-$30) which covers:
- Friday Dinner
- Saturday Breakfast and Dinner
- Sunday Bagel Bar
Food vendors will be present during the Saturday festival, serving brats, BBQ, and more.
I’m In, How Do I Sign Up?
- If you want to camp with PG, fill out the form below if you have not reserved a camping spot yet. Pay at the next club meeting or drop off payment at Culver City Homebrew Supply with a note advising payment is for SCHF.
- Pay/renew membership in the California Homebrewers Association (link at the left). Only CHA members can purchase entry into the SCHF.
- Purchase your entry to the SCHF on the CHA site. (Link is active for paid CHA members only.)
2016 exceeded my expectations of what SCHF was going to be.
My favorite parts were, spending time with the people I knew and meeting new ones.
I had a WICKED good time at SCHF 2016…
The food was great, beer was awesome, and the crowd and camping were both very easy going.
I left knowing that I’d be coming back for 2017!
SCHBF! ( inside joke between Michael + Terry ) 🙂 SEE YOU THERE!
Sign up… You’ll be very glad you did.