The entire board is in Australian mode preparing for this year’s summer party, which is THIS SATURDAY if you haven’t heard already. All are welcome, non-members pay a meager $10 entrance fee. Please bring donations too, we’ll be collecting again and hope to double last year’s haul! Full details at the end of this post.
First, to kick things off our club chef Ian put together the following in his best Aussie accent…
G’DAY MATE! ANNOUNCING A FAIR DINKUM SUMMER PARTY
This year’s “bonzer” summer party is coming up THIS SATURDAY July 28, 2018 and will be held at Dean Sussman’s tiny humpy located at 1310 Amalfi Drive, Pacific Palisades. It is sure to be a ripper!
The theme for this year’s summer party is set! We are pulling our fingers out for a bonzer of an Aussie Barbie! We want to really do it up this year and with your help we intend on having all of the traditional types of BBQ food and festivities from the land down under!
We plan to Barbie some lamb, shrimps, bangers and maybe even Dingo Dogs and Vegemite with axel grease! Give it a burl! All that plus all the ‘tucker’ you can shake a stick at!
However, this being a ‘bring a plate’ potluck event we ask everyone to bring your favorite dish along to the event as well; any dish is welcome, so the menu is WIDE open for you to go all wobbly and show off your culinary skills!
The summer party is a volunteer’s event, and we need lots of volunteers! Volunteers will be needed for set up the day before and clean up of Dean’s house the day after. We pay all volunteers in hogwash (beer) at the event, all-you-can-drink in fact; the only catch is we need you to brew the hogwash so we can use it to pay the volunteers! Lot’s of beer!
We also need your sodas for the non-alcohol drinking crowd, if you have a good soda recipe; this is a great place to show it off.
Along with our best beer of the party judging we will also host this year’s drink competition which will be based on our Aussie theme! Any drink that includes Australian ingredients counts! Bring a batch of your favorite Booze or non-alcohol (sodas count!) summertime drink and we will judge it and announce a winner at the event
🙂 Cheers mate!
Saturday, July 28th – 2pm to 10pm
Location: Dean Sussman’s – 1310 Amalfi Drive, Pacific Palisades, 90272
EMAIL US WITH WHAT YOU WILL BRING AND HOW YOU CAN HELP!
Checklist for ALL party attendees:
- Bring BEER, BEER & more BEER! Also, bring sodas or a beer featuring Australian ingredients for the “Best Beverage” competition! Please email what you are bringing to Carl at [email protected]
- FOOD – sign up to bring Aussie-themed dishes (or anything you’d like) to our POTLUCK party. We need ALL kinds of food: appetizers, sides dishes, main dishes (pre-cooked), desserts, etc. We need LOTS of food to go with all the beer so please email us at [email protected] what dishes you will add to our feast!
- VOLUNTEERS – we need YOU to help make this a successful party! Please email us at [email protected] . We have lots of volunteer opportunities!
- Setup on Friday night – starting at 6pm
- Food prep on Friday– please contact Chef Ian to help
- Cleanup on Sunday morning– starting around 10am
- More setup and food prep on Saturday morning – between 10am and 2pm
- Bartender shifts – 1hr. (please see Carl on Saturday to volunteer)
- Beer Equipment (email Carl at: [email protected])
- Jockey boxes
- CO2 cylinders
- Bags of ice for jockey boxes
- Charity Donation Goods – clothes, toiletries, new socks/underwear, kitchen kits, cleaning supplies, etc.
- Other Equipment needed for the party. Please let us know if you have any of the following and would be willing to loan to us for the party. Please email us at: [email protected] . We will email confirmation back if we need you to bring items on Friday night during setup.
- EZ Ups/Canopies
- Power/extension cords
- Extra coolers/ice chests
Don’t forget to bring and things to know:
- Bring BEER & other beverages
- Bring FOOD – Hawaiian Luau-themed or any food that goes with beer!
- Fee for all adult guests is $10 per guest. Kids are free. (Current members are free.)
- Payment for past due membership – cash or credit
- Donations for Charity – clothes, toiletries, new socks/underwear, kitchen kits, cleaning supplies, etc.
- Chairs and Blankets
- Bathing suits and towels, if you want to use the swimming pool.
- Jackets & sweaters for the evening
- Cash for Raffle tickets
- PG merchandise will be available for sale at the Front Desk.
- Note for food contributions, we will NOT have use of a kitchen for heating or cooling so please plan accordingly. Please label your food containers so that we can get them back to you.
Charity Donation – IDEAS & SUGGESTIONS
Clothing (all donations should be clean and, if used, in good condition.)
- Sweat socks – for men, women and children
- New underwear – men’s, women and children
- Sweat shirts and tee-shirts for adults – all sizes especially larger sizes
- Flannel and long sleeve shirts for adults
- Pants and jeans for adults – all sizes especially larger sizes
- Sneakers – men’s & women’s most needed
- Shower shoes/thongs
- Rain ponchos for adults & children
Personal & Household items
- Hygiene Items (Travel or regular size)
• disposable razors
• bar soap
• hand & body lotion
• sanitary napkins & tampons
- Blankets (preferably wool)
- Backpacks or duffel bags
- Sleeping bags for adults
- Diapers – all sizes
- Bedding: Twin size sheets, comforters and pillows. Please note pillow must be new.
Welcome Home Packages
- Kitchen Kits (dish towels, dish soap, utensils, plates and cups, pots and pans etc.)
- Bathroom Necessities (shampoo and conditioner, body wash/soap, hand and body towels, shaving cream, razors, etc.)
- Bedroom Essentials (comforter, sheets, pillows, pajamas, slippers, etc.)
- Cleaning Supplies (dust pan, broom, Windex, counter spray, toilet bowl cleaner and brush, etc.).
Thank you in advance to every who can afford the time to volunteer this Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. See you there!