RED, WHITE and BREW
This year’s summer party is set for July 29, 2023 and will be held at Dean Sussman’s Highland’s home located at 1310 Amalfi Drive, Pacific Palisades.
The theme for this year’s summer party is the American BBQ! We’ll be spotlighting burgers, smash burgers and hotdogs.
However, this being a ‘bring a plate’ potluck event we want you to bring your favorite dish along to the event as well; any dish is welcome, feel free to bring all your American BBQ side dish classics.
The summer party is a volunteer’s event, and we need lots of volunteers! Volunteers will be needed for set up the day before and clean up of Dean’s house the day after. We pay all volunteers in beer at the event, all-you-can-drink in fact; the only catch is we need you to brew the beer so we can use it to pay the volunteers! Lot’s of beer!
We also need your sodas for the non-alcohol drinking crowd, if you have a good soda recipe; this is a great place to show it off.
Along with our best beer of the party judging we will also host this year’s drink competition! Bring a batch of your favorite non-beer or non-alcohol (sodas count!) summertime drink and we will judge it and announce a winner at the event!
We will also be doing a Fire sale for Tee-shirts and Glasses – $5 bucks. Other gifts will be available via our summer party raffle, Please bring cash if you want to participate.
As some of you may be aware of but others maybe not, PG recently lost one of its two founding members. We will have a “share a beer with Fred” memorial bottle share tent where folks can pour a little out for our missing founder. It will be a great way to toast his memory.
As always with the pandemic, we expect everyone to be fully vaxxed and/or non-symptomatic. Please be careful and remain safe at all times.
Pacific Gravity’s Summer Party Checklist
Saturday, July 29, 2023 – 2pm to 10pm
Location: Dean Sussman’s – 1310 Amalfi Drive, Pacific Palisades, 90272
IMPORTANT: PLEASE EMAIL US WITH WHAT YOU WILL BRING AND HOW YOU CAN HELP!
Please make sure to label any equipment, food dishes, etc that you bring to the event.
Checklist for ALL party attendees:
- Bring BEER, BEER & more BEER! Also, bring sodas or a non-beer beverage for the Beverage” competition! Please email what you are bringing to Carl at [email protected]
- FOOD – sign up to bring any dish to our POTLUCK party. (the club will supply some food but we need YOUR dishes too!) We need ALL kinds of food: appetizers, sides dishes, main dishes (pre-cooked), desserts, etc. All your specialty dishes are welcome! We need LOTS of food to go with all the beer so please email us at [email protected] what dishes you will add to our feast!
- VOLUNTEERS – we need YOU to help make this a successful party! Please email us at [email protected] . We have lots of volunteer opportunities!
- Setup on Friday night – starting at 6pm
- Food prep on Friday – please contact Chef Ian to help
- Cleanup on Sunday morning – starting around 10am
- Bartender shifts – 1hr. (please see Carl on Saturday to volunteer)
- Beer Equipment (email Carl at: [email protected])
- Jockey boxes
- CO2 cylinders
- Bags of ice for jockey boxes
- Other Equipment needed for the party. Please let us know if you have any of the following and would be willing to loan to us for the party. Please email us at: [email protected] . We will email confirmation back if we need you to bring items on Friday night during setup.
- EZ Ups/Canopies
- Power/extension cords
- Extra coolers/ice chests
Don’t forget to bring and things to know:
- Bring BEER & other beverages
- Bring FOOD – American BBQ themed or any food that goes with beer!
- Fee for all adult guests is $10 per guest. Kids are free. (Current members are free.)
- Payment for past due membership – cash or credit
- Chairs and Blankets
- Bathing suits and towels, if you want to use the swimming pool.
- Jackets & sweaters for the evening
- Cash for Raffle tickets
- PG merchandise will be available for sale at the Front Desk.
- Note for food contributions, we will NOT have use of a kitchen for heating or cooling so please plan accordingly. Please label your food containers so that we can get them back to you.
It is great that we can all get together in person, but as always we encourage and expect everyone will be vigilant about their own health to ensure the groups safety! Please observe all safety precautions and stay home if you do not feel well.