I hope you all enjoyed and have recovered from your holiday festivities!
Next week will be our first club meeting of the new year at usual time and place:
January Monthly Meeting; Thursday 1/18/2024 at 7:30 PM
Tortugo Brewing Co.
916 W. Hyde Park Blvd.
Inglewood, CA 90302
Our Style Of The Month is Winter Beers, so break out your winter warmers and spiced what-nots for everyone to enjoy and learn from.
We look forward to kicking off the new year right!
To that end, February’s “First Saturday” will be at the Stuffed Sandwich on Feb 3 and Marlene’s theme of the month will be “Barleywines and Strong Ales”. Details will be coming in a future email.
Also, the Southern California Homebrewers Festival is coming up May 3 & 4 at Vail Lake near Temecula. If you would like to camp, please make sure you let Terry know by this Monday 1/15 so he can make sure we reserve a space for you when he meets with the committee next week. I went for the first time last year, and I gotta say, it really lived up to the hype – a huge amount of fun camping with the club (and meeting other clubs) and attending the massive festival with more homebrew taps than I have ever conceived of.
See you all next Thurs 1/18 at Tortugo!!
Pacific Gravity Homebrewers
Upcoming Styles of the Month
- January – Winter beers
- February – Belgian beers
- March – British Isle beers
- January 15: Deadline to Reserve your Southern California Homebrewfest campsite with Terry
- January 18: Club meeting at Torgugo Brewing Company Style Winter Beer
- February 3: First Saturday Stuffed Sandwich
- February 15: Club Meeting at Tortugo Brewing Company – Style: Belgian Beer
- Feb 16 – Feb 29th: Entries due for America’s Finest City Competition in San Diego