Hi everyone, tomorrow’s club meeting will be featuring the highly regarded Barleywine style of Ale. Because this is such a high gravity beer, Mimi Bardet has kindly arranged to have a more substantial food offering on hand at this meeting – Pizza by the slice will be available for $2. So please bring a bit more cash than usual and make sure you eat something before or during the meeting. We start promptly at 7:30, and end at 10:30 sharp. Some meeting highlights:
– The Club Only Competition style is Barleywine, bring 3 12 oz bottles of your brew if you want to enter – Details here
– This is your only opportunity to signup and pay for the Monster Brew on March 9th ($30) at a club meeting. Payment must be in advance and the deadline is February 28th!
– Signups and payment ($45) for the April 20th road trip to San Diego. We will open this up to other clubs after this meeting, so secure your spot.
– Commercial tasting conducted by yours truly and Kurt featuring classic examples of the Barleywine style.
– Homebrew of the Meeting competition with a $25 gift certificate as a prize. The style for the meeting has been extended to include Barleywines, Old Ales, and Strong Lagers. Feel free to bring them in bottles, I doubt you have many kegs of this style sitting around!
– I will be bringing a couple of different vertical flights of Barleywine from my personal collection. If you have a bottle or two that you’d like to share, please bring them.
– We will be making some announcements about membership renewals (starting in March) and a new volunteer incentive system.