I hope everyone had an awesome time. I want to thank everyone who helped setup and cleanup for the event, cooked food, anyone who donated beer, supplies, tables, etc. This was my first experience being on the board for one of our big parties and I was amazed at how much many of you stepped up to help put on another great party. Of course I also need to thank Dean and his family again for opening up their backyard for the party again this year, it really is the perfect setting for a club party.
I wanted to review some of the items discussed at the party for those of you who either couldnt attend, couldnt hear me, etc.
- Road Trip! We are putting together a road trip to breweries in Orange County on October 18th. Mark it down on your calendars! Kurt is working on the lineup of destinations and we should have a more formal announcement and instructions sometime in the next week or two. I created an event on the club calendar which you can access on the right column of this page.
- Pacific Brewers Cup is a little over a month away from now. If you have never participated in a homebrew competition this is the time to start. We are looking for all of our members to volunteer to help put on the fest. We will need help before the actual competition day to organize, but we will also need a lot of volunteers for stewarding and judging on the day of the event. To signup for volunteering please go to http://pacificbrewerscup.com/
- Speaking of Pacific Brewers Cup, if you havent brewed a beer yet there is a small window of time to get beers ready. Entries are due by August 22nd, so if you havent brewed yet for it make sure you put something together this weekend! This is our year for hosting the event and we would like to be the high point club!
- Tomorrow night is First Friday @ Najas Place in Redondo.
- Next club meeting is on August 21st @ Culver City Homebrew Supply
- If you purchased one of our new awesome beer lanyards at the summer party we will be handing out the larger aluminum rings that will fit our new glassware. This will give you two different lanyards that fit larger and smaller glasses – a perfect combo!
I took a few pictures on Saturday which I have included below. Cheers!