http://pacificgravity.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/pg_logo.png 0 0 Brian Holter http://pacificgravity.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/pg_logo.png Brian Holter2014-11-20 12:03:282014-11-20 12:03:28November Club Meeting - 11/22/2014 @ Ian's House
Ian Fraser’s House
November Club Meeting – 11/22/2014 @ Ian’s House
Our November Club meeting is this Saturday! Its shaping up to be a good one – here are the details:
- Brew Day starts @ 10:00am.
- Chili Cookoff Competition @ 12:00pm
- Club News after Chili Cookoff
- Wrap up around 6pm.
Ian Fraser’s House
3938 Glencoe Ave, Venice, CA 90291
- Bring your best chili for our annual Chili Cookoff! We will have power outlets for those of you bringing a crock pot and sides/toppings (sour cream, shredded cheese, onions, and rice). We will also supply bowls, plastic silverware and napkins. We will be handing our awards for the best chili and most unique chili.
CLUB ANNIVERSARY BREW
- Dan White has offered to let us use his system in Ian’s backyard to brew our Belgian Dubbel 20th Anniversary recipe. The brew will start @ 10am on Saturday, club members are encouraged to show up to participate in the brew around then. This is a Club Brew where the resulting beer belongs to the homebrew club and will be served at the February Club meeting where we will be celebrating our 20th Anniversary. *Note, we will only be brewing on one system – this is not a big brew.
- For those of you that are new to brewing, this will be a great opportunity to learn to brew an all grain batch of beer. Even if you have been brewing for a long time, its always educational to learn how someone else brews a batch of beer on their system.
- As always we are looking for everyone to bring their latest homebrew creation or commercial beer to share.
- The beer style of the month is Brown Ales and Porters and as usual we will be hosting a commercial tasting.
Its time to Vote! We will be voting for board positions this month. Additionally, we will be voting for Club Member of the Year! We will be taking nominations throughout the day and will pass out ballots for everyone to vote!
- As this is a backyard party that will be going for many hours we highly suggest you bring a folding chair of some type for you to sit on.
- If you have a jockey box that you can bring to help serve beer that would be apprciated as well.
- Lastly, if you have firewood you can bring we would like to setup a fire pit. The club will bring some as well.
Cheers everyone! See you on Saturday!