Monster Brew, March Club Meeting, and LABBC 2017
I hope everyone is doing well and brewing like crazy. We have had some decent weather for it. Here, I’ve been over to the shop and put together a few batches recently that should make SCHF and PBC a lot of fun. 😀
March is an exciting month for us, so I think it’s best I send around an outline of things to come. I also have some great news to share so read on.
Our monster brew with LABBC Gold Level Sponsor Smog City Brewing Company, which is quickly becoming an honored PG tradition, is THIS weekend and I hope you’re ready. Culver City Home Brewing Supply reports a stash of fresh new fermenter buckets at the ready, if you need one or two. More info, including PayPal purchase link here: http://pacificgravity.com/2017/02/smog-city-monster-brew-march-11th/ I’m looking forward to seeing you all there and I’m hoping for another smooth brew day.
Next up, we have our monthly club meeting scheduled next Thursday March 16th at LA Ale Works. They’ve been really hospitable and club friendly so far, and it should be a memorable night.
A couple things to note before coming down to Hawthorne for this meeting:
- March is dues collection month. Treasurer Tim will be setup to get renewals and new memberships going.
- To keep our footprint smaller (and cleaner) this is a NO KEGS event. Bring your homebrew, including entries into the best beer of the month competition, in growlers or bottles. We’ll make a space for them, and make sure each one gets a label, and exposure for tasting, etc.
- Best Beer of the Meeting style is: Irish and Stout beers, in honor of St Patrick’s Day.
- Submissions for our Los Angeles Belgian Brew Challenge are due, so bring your entries to this meeting. We’re storing and judging the beer at LAAW, so it’s super helpful if you bring them down directly.
- Also, we could use a few more coolers for the competition. If you have a cooler you can loan until March 26th, bring it too.
- Barley Hops Grill food truck will be there so bring a few bucks for food. Out of respect for the food truck workers, we’re going to forgo providing outside food and encourage everyone to patronize them instead. Sorry 🙂 No corned beef and cabbage this year.
- Remember, we’re guests at LAAW. Have an excellent time but keep it respectful and positive. It’s a privilege to be invited in the first place and I absolutely want to be invited back!
Finally, I’m extremely happy to share news that our party with Anchor to celebrate our winning the 2016 Anchor’s California Homebrew Club of the Year award has been scheduled! The party will be during the day on Saturday May 20th, 2017 at the Anchor brewery in San Francisco. As we discussed earlier in the year, transportation to and from the event will be up to you each to figure out individually but we are going to work on securing a club rate at a hotel. I will post more on the hotel subject as soon as I have something worth sharing. In the meantime rejoice! The party is scheduled! 😀 😀 😀
So we’ve got big plans together this month and beyond! Reach out if you have any questions, especially if you can volunteer to pitch in and help.