Woooo! Great party, huh? I hope that everyone who attended had a nice time and got home safely and without incident. I’d also like to take a moment to reflect on all that had to come together to make this shindig possible:
- Special thanks to our creative and tireless President, Audrey, for coming up with the “Oktoberfest In July” concept and for the significant amount of planning and organizing she took on to pull this massive event off.
- Extra-special thanks to our ever-gracious and generous host, Neil Saund, for once again allowing the club access to his Palatial Duplex for our party, and for everything he does for the club behind the scenes.
- Thanks also to the members of the PG Board of Directors who took time out of their busy lives to help in their respective capacities.
- To the volunteers who answered the call: thanks so much – especially to all of the very new members who showed up and did their part – your example is to be commended. As you witnessed and experienced, the sheer amount of work and time involved to put on a party of this size is no small thing. I’d like to encourage those of you who didn’t volunteer this time around to consider stepping up and getting involved next time – the Holiday Party will be here before we know it!
- To those who made food and beer contributions to our grand event – yuuuummmm…and thanks, as always. No food, no beer, no fun!
- Finally, to YOU – for behaving like civilized folk and adhering to the rules (well, most of you, at least…wow).
I’d asked previously that you snap some pix at the party for our collective enjoyment, and PG member / up-and-coming pro-brewer, Kip Barnes, did just that, and wrote a nice little article about it, too. You can find it here.
Alrighty then – hasta la proxima!
— Victor Macias, Communications Director