Remember, THIS SATURDAY May 14th is our first Big Brew of the year, at Carl’s place (3621 Redwood Ave. Los Angeles, Ca. 90066) from 10am to 6pm. If you’re new to brewing, or just want to get some ideas for improving your skills and setup, you should definitely come by for this free event. The weather forecast is good so far, cloudy in the morning with the sun breaking through in the mid-day.
Here’s a rough agenda for the event.
- Light breakfast served at 10am sharp, with coffee + tea. All-grain brewing will begin at this time.
- 1 extract, 1 mead, 1 brew-in-a-bag, and 4 all-grain demonstrations are planned.
- BBQ’d burgers and dogs will be provided for lunch.
- The Wave of Beer™ will be setup and CO2 will be available for kegs.
- Carl *may* dip into his beer archives, if we behave. 😀
- Last call at 5:30pm, everybody cleaned up and gone by 6pm.
Things you’ll want to bring:
- The forecast calls for sun, bring a hat and sunblock. Protect your neck!
- Similarly, for the sake of your back, bring a chair. It’ll be a very long day without one.
- To help us avoid waste, bring a large container we can use to catch water runoff.
- A notepad and pen is probably a good idea, especially if you’re talking shop near the Wave. 😛
- A side dish or a few bucks to throw in for breakfast/lunch. Either or both.
- Hydration. We’ll have some water on hand but the more the better.
- Kegs and/or bottled beer to share!🍺
Looking forward to brewing at this event alongside my fellow club members. Can’t wait!