The first club meeting of the year will be next week Jan. 21st at the Culver City Homebrew Shop starting at 7:30pm.
I really hope you’re all in for a good year! Your new and continuing board members have a lot of great stuff in the works. To start off:
Beer Style of the month we will be splitting into two parts as of now.
- One: the “Commercial Tasting Style” reflecting some of the new 2015 BJCP Style Guidelines. Where we taste Commercial beers of the monthly style.
- Two: the “Best Beer of the Meeting” competition. Where like in the past if you bring beers to the style of the month, the club would vote on the best beer of the night and you would win a $25 gift certificate from the Culver City Homebrew Supply. The difference this year is that the “Best beer of the Meeting” reflects similar or even different styles to the “Commercial Tasting styles”. Just Check out the Style page on the website for the latest monthly style guidelines.
This month in January will be “All Beer Style” for the best beer of the meeting for your chance to win the $25 certificate. Bring any beer you have that you would love to share.
Note: kegs/growlers/and bottles are all welcome to enter, but it helps to have enough for everyone to share and taste.
Next, We are adding some educational aspects to the monthly meeting. Starting off Michael Patterson will be presenting an “Off Flavor Sensory Test” each month until all the samples are gone from the kit. He will demo 1-2 commonly unwanted off flavors found in beer. Demo will be at the start of the meetings from 7:30-7:45 or later. Come early and learn!
Yes there will be Raffle at the January meeting!! What will be raffled off…… probably mostly beers and goods purchased from the Culver City Homebrew Supply Shop. The more Tickets you Purchase the more we will raffle off!
As we work out the details of the year and all the new anticipated events, we need your help too!!! Please feel free to volunteer.
Check out the “Commercial Tasting Styles” of the months to come this year. We would love to give anyone the opportunity to have a budget to go buy some amazing commercial beer and Host them at our monthly meeting. This Month your VP Michael Musgrave will be purchasing Januarys styles of English Bitters and Commonwealth beers. Please follow his lead.
We always need Homebrew for the club meeting of course, but for up coming events, like So Cal homebrew festival, Parties, and other pouring events. So Get Brewing!
Finally if you do have any denotable gear, beer, good, or other brewing related stuff for our raffles please bring it to the club meeting or events, or email anyone one of your board members or all of them at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry I know that got long, but I had a lot to say. Here are the quick built points:
- Club Meeting January 21st start time 7:30pm @ Culver City Homebrew Supply
- New “Commercial Tasting Style” posted
- Return of “Best Beer of the Meeting” comp, bring beer win $25 gift certificate
- New Educational Demos at the beginning of the meetings, 7:30-7:45pm
- Yes, there will be a Raffle!
- We need Volunteers: for “Commercial Tasting Style” of the Month
- We always need more Homebrewed Beer!!
- We would love any Raffle Donations: Gear, Beer, Goods, or other Brewing related items.
Thank you all and hope to see everyone next week!