Summer Party Reminder!
We will feature different kinds of jerked meats paired with black beans, coconut rice, fried plantains and mango salsa. We will also feature your ginger ales and ginger beers to accompany our feast, so get brewing people! We will extend our theme into the decorations and music; as well as having a couple of surprises that will complement our theme just fine. So what can you do to help? I am glad you asked! As always this party is a giant pot luck, so if you have a special dish to share we want to try it! It does not even have to match the theme! We rely on our members for appetizers, desserts and side dishes and they have never let us down!Our summer party theme will be grooving to the rhythm of the Caribbean. It is coming THIS SATURDAY, AUG. 3rd at 2:00 PM at Dean’s Pac. Palisades party pad: 1310 Amalfi Drive.
Also this party is really about the beer, we need beer, lots of beer! All kegs donated to the party will be eligible for the best beer of the fest prize and bragging rights to the brewer. We will also be judging the ginger ales and ginger beers as well and recognizing the winner of that category also! So pull out those old Bermuda shorts, weave yourself a thatch hat and come boogie down to our summer jam!
Here is a party checklist for ALL attendees to keep you in the groove!
- Club Dues: If you haven’t paid already, please do so at the summer party!
- Bring BEER, BEER & more BEER! Also, bring sodas or a non-beer beverage featuring GINGER for the “Best Ginger Beverage” competition! Please email what you are bringing to Carl at Competitions@
- FOOD – sign up to bring Jamaican dishes to our POTLUCK party. (the club will supply some food but we need YOUR dishes too!) We need ALL kinds of food: appetizers, sides dishes, main dishes (pre-cooked), desserts, etc. All your specialty dishes are welcome! We need LOTS of food to go with all the beer so please email Ian at [email protected]
what dishes you will add to our feast!
- VOLUNTEERS – we need YOU to help make this a successful party! We have lots of volunteer opportunities!
- Setup on Friday night – starting at 6pm
- Food prep on Friday – please contact Chef Ian to help
- Cleanup on Sunday morning -starting around 10am
- More setup and food prep on Saturday morning – between 10am and 2pm
- Bartender shifts – 1hr. (please see Carl on Saturday to volunteer)
- Beer Equipment (email Carl at: Competitions@
- Jockey boxes
- CO2 cylinders
- Bags of ice for jockey boxes
- Other Equipment needed for the party. Please let us know if you have any of the following and would be willing to loan to us for the party. We will email confirmation back if we need you to bring items on Friday night during setup.
- EZ Ups/Canopies
- Power/extension cords
- Extra coolers/ice chests
- Charity Donation Goods – Our partners at The People Concern provided us with a list of what they need most for the summer:
- NEW underwear for men and women (all sizes)
- Light t-shirts for both men and women (all sizes)
- Shorts and skirts/summer dresses (all sizes)
- Travel size toiletries
- Granola Bars
Don’t forget to bring and things to know:
- Bring BEER & other beverages
- Bring FOOD – Jamaican themed or any food that goes with beer!
- Fee for all adult guests is $10 per guest. Kids are free. (Current members are free.)
- Payment for past due membership – cash or credit
- Chairs and Blankets
- Bathing suits and towels, if you want to use the swimming pool.
- Jackets & sweaters for the evening
- Donations for Charity – clothes, toiletries, new socks/underwear, kitchen kits, cleaning supplies, etc.
- Cash for Raffle tickets
- PG merchandise will be available for sale at the Front Desk.
- Note for food contributions, we will NOT have use of a kitchen for heating or cooling so please plan accordingly. Please label your food containers so that we can get them back to you.
DATE: Saturday, Aug 3, 2019
TIME: 2:00 PM
PLACE: 1310 Amalfi Drive, Pacific Palisades